Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby got tonkaed on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:04 pm

None of the favorites look that amazing. US and Japan both can't really score. Germany has not really been overly impressive either. Canada does not seem to have much of a shot.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:13 pm

waauw wrote:nope, the most I've ever watched of a women's football game is maybe like 5 min.

they used to be pretty awkward at playing the game. notyou2 mentioned it and i watched a couple of games, mexico's of course. They're pretty good at it now, amazing stamina to play the 90 minutes and they can make good plays now.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:34 am

Arturo Vidal, what a fucking idiot you are, there's a zero tolerance law in your country, recently put in place.

This is gonna get fun, let's see what the president of Chile does.
General nietzsche

Postby Pirlo on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:02 am

nietzsche wrote:Arturo Vidal, what a fucking idiot you are, there's a zero tolerance law in your country, recently put in place.

I used to like Vidal and his spirit.. but being a jerk at the Barcelona vs. Juventus final, he just changed my mind!
Captain Pirlo

Postby Serbia on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:35 am

nietzsche wrote:Arturo Vidal, what a fucking idiot you are, there's a zero tolerance law in your country, recently put in place.

Damn.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Serbia on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:39 am

Also, did anyone hear about this?
Clint Dempsey rips up ref's notebook, earns red card

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby JBlombier on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:55 pm

I've been following the Women's WC just a little bit, because our women qualified for the first time ever. It's kind of a painful experience watching the games.

You see, they really want to play really well (and they do, sometimes), but they just don't get paid enough to become as great as some of the men are. I'm not buying the smaller feminine muscle shape, because that's just a relatively small aspect of football. The fact that we prefer seeing men play football, makes that women will never be as good as men, and that also makes us prefer seeing men play football and that results in women never reaching the level men do, etc. etc.

Tennis (one of many examples) doesn't have this problem, football does.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby got tonkaed on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:12 pm

Money does seem to be an issue. A fair amount of these countries do not seem to have the money to develop the teams. One of the commentators had pointed out some of the smaller nations in terms of ability were ok with the tournament expanding despite them not having much of a chance. Reason being they couldn't typically afford friendlies against better sides, so realistically this was the best way to put their players in against better competition. Sure some of the players can play abroad, but there just aren't a ton of good leagues.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby nietzsche on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:30 pm

Serbia wrote:

Damn.

Bollocks.

he bought that ferrari 2 days ago. in fact he bought 2 of them.
General nietzsche

Postby waauw on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:31 pm

nietzsche wrote:
waauw wrote:nope, the most I've ever watched of a women's football game is maybe like 5 min.

they used to be pretty awkward at playing the game. notyou2 mentioned it and i watched a couple of games, mexico's of course. They're pretty good at it now, amazing stamina to play the 90 minutes and they can make good plays now.

The thing is, I'm not going to watch football just to watch an average game. Either I watch it to see one of my favorite teams, or I watch top teams play each other to see a level of football that's jaw dropping.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby nietzsche on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:36 pm

JBlombier wrote:I've been following the Women's WC just a little bit, because our women qualified for the first time ever. It's kind of a painful experience watching the games.

You see, they really want to play really well (and they do, sometimes), but they just don't get paid enough to become as great as some of the men are. I'm not buying the smaller feminine muscle shape, because that's just a relatively small aspect of football. The fact that we prefer seeing men play football, makes that women will never be as good as men, and that also makes us prefer seeing men play football and that results in women never reaching the level men do, etc. etc.

Tennis (one of many examples) doesn't have this problem, football does.

And it's much better now, it used to be completely awful. Football requiers a lot of brain-body coordination, and most women are not naturally (either be ause of genetics or because of culture) that coordinated.

Just watch them when they're about to fall, some don't even use their hands to soften the hit.

Not trying to be sexist here, just stating facts, so it's a huge merit. They're good at other things, like making sandwiches.
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:54 pm

waauw wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

The thing is, I'm not going to watch football just to watch an average game. Either I watch it to see one of my favorite teams, or I watch top teams play each other to see a level of football that's jaw dropping.

I get it, I'm not gonna watch it either. I was just trying to fap and didn't have internet access. One of the worst faps of my life.

No, really, I just wanted to see if I could find a decent enough looking girl for notyou2.
General nietzsche

Postby waauw on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:46 pm

nietzsche wrote:No, really, I just wanted to see if I could find a decent enough looking girl for notyou2.

Shouldn't be too hard. He couldn't tell Hayek and Cruz apart. Obviously he doesn't have a trained eye. His standards must be pretty low.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby tzor on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:02 am

In other news, the New York Cosmos played the New York City Football Club ...

show

For the tl;dr ... the damn NYCFC lost although it did come down to PK. David Vila did not play. They pulled out our two goal scorer before the end of regulation which allowed the Cosmos to score at the 90th minute of play. I'm starting to really hate management.
Cadet tzor

Postby Serbia on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:26 pm

tzor wrote:David Villa*

Fixed. ;) Dude was my favorite player.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Serbia on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:28 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Serbia wrote:

Damn.

Bollocks.

he bought that ferrari 2 days ago. in fact he bought 2 of them.

2 days?? I remember when I got a new leather jacket for my birthday. 2 days later, I slipped on some ice, and scuffed the jacket on the sidewalk. I was furious. Smashing a Ferrari is so much worse than that.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Pirlo on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:19 pm

Isn't it a joke that Neymar technically got away with what he did? his 1st half yellow card was enough to suspend him next game.. so the red card is like he got nothing!!!!

A year ago, media made Luis Suarez their only job, and worked diligently on getting banned.. Neymar? just no one wants to see him getting what he deserves. Oh well, it's Brazil, they are apparently above laws.. Feels like the world cup 2014 is here again.. deja vu.. I hope they get severely humiliated by their arch rivals, Argentina, just like what happened to them against Germany.. f*ck FOOTBALL! It's becoming more and more like a ridiculous TV show contest in which the contestants that generate the biggest amounts of money have to be favored!
Captain Pirlo

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:14 pm

Pirlo wrote:Isn't it a joke that Neymar technically got away with what he did? his 1st half yellow card was enough to suspend him next game.. so the red card is like he got nothing!!!!

A year ago, media made Luis Suarez their only job, and worked diligently on getting banned.. Neymar? just no one wants to see him getting what he deserves. Oh well, it's Brazil, they are apparently above laws.. Feels like the world cup 2014 is here again.. deja vu.. I hope they get severely humiliated by their arch rivals, Argentina, just like what happened to them against Germany.. f*ck FOOTBALL! It's becoming more and more like a ridiculous TV show contest in which the contestants that generate the biggest amounts of money have to be favored!

I was just telling the same exact thing to a friend. Same contrast too, with Suarez.
General nietzsche

Postby Serbia on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:36 am

Neymar is the current golden boy. We can't have anything bad happen with him, so let's hope this just dies down and goes away.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Pirlo on Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:50 pm

Serbia wrote:Neymar is the current golden boy. We can't have anything bad happen with him, so let's hope this just dies down and goes away.

Bollocks.

His performance can be questioned though. I'm not saying he's not good, but I may say he's a little bit overrated? I can't remember him doing something special in a tough game. He made his glory in the already decided and easy games.
Captain Pirlo

Postby Pirlo on Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:31 pm

And Finally!!!! Justice has been partially seen as Neymar is suspended for 4 games.. it means Copa America is over for him.. buhbye good riddance...

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2015/06/20/ ... no_rsoc=CM

I wish Chile has shown some respect to its own laws and suspended their twat (aka Vidal) for driving drunk!
Captain Pirlo

Postby betiko on Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:40 am

I ve been completely out of the loopfor the past 3 weeks, didn t even see the champions league final.

Van Der Vaart signing for Betis and Gignac going to ... Mexico to play for tigres are the catchiest stufffor me.

Woman football is starting to be important in france. PSG and Lyon are investing a lot in their female team in the past few years. Lyon won 2 champions league then lost in final the third year, and this year PSG beat lyon in semi finals but lost the final against frankfurt on the 92'.
I d like to watch a bit of the woman world cup... I think that Germany and USA are the best, france could compete for the 3rd place with a bunch of other teams.
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:53 am

Lacazette probably to Arsenal?
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:00 am

waauw wrote:Lacazette probably to Arsenal?

Haven t read it.the question is... At what price? Cause basically,a guy aged 23 and has scored like 27 goals in league, who plays for the french national team and is very far from having revealed his full potential... Must be worth at least 35M€.. And that would still be cheap.
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:12 am

betiko wrote:
waauw wrote:Lacazette probably to Arsenal?

Haven t read it.the question is... At what price? Cause basically,a guy aged 23 and has scored like 27 goals in league, who plays for the french national team and is very far from having revealed his full potential... Must be worth at least 35M€.. And that would still be cheap.

Well according to what I've read Wenger wants to buy both Lacazette and Fekir, and Lyon itself demands 50M€ for Lacazette which I doubt any club will be willing to pay.
Though that might just be newspaper talk :P Wenger does love his french strikers however.
Lieutenant waauw

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,