Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:05 pm

betiko wrote:Regarding Milan, there is going to be a 150M budget to recruit this summer and some chinese investors are comming in, or that's what Silvio says. I do believe they will be one of the major animators of this summer's market.

Silvio and Galliani are full shit.. They always say "we are gonna recruit next mercato.. blah blah blah..." If I was Carlo, I'd rather spend my time walking on my feet around Europe streets than get back to work for those assholes.

With Man City willing to sack Pellegrini, it's probably the best place in which he can fit. He's a decent man who deserves to work for an English club because they seem to appreciate coaches there. Pellegrini would have been slaughtered ages ago if he was in any other league.

Klopp... I really like him, and he's probably the only German guy (realted to football) I like. Real Madrid just doesn't seem to be the right place/environment for him... He's more like a build up guy, not a big spender. I think Liverpool is perfect for him!
Captain Pirlo

Postby betiko on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:42 am

Pirlo wrote:
betiko wrote:Regarding Milan, there is going to be a 150M budget to recruit this summer and some chinese investors are comming in, or that's what Silvio says. I do believe they will be one of the major animators of this summer's market.

Silvio and Galliani are full shit.. They always say "we are gonna recruit next mercato.. blah blah blah..." If I was Carlo, I'd rather spend my time walking on my feet around Europe streets than get back to work for those assholes.

With Man City willing to sack Pellegrini, it's probably the best place in which he can fit. He's a decent man who deserves to work for an English club because they seem to appreciate coaches there. Pellegrini would have been slaughtered ages ago if he was in any other league.

Klopp... I really like him, and he's probably the only German guy (realted to football) I like. Real Madrid just doesn't seem to be the right place/environment for him... He's more like a build up guy, not a big spender. I think Liverpool is perfect for him!

I pretty much agree with everything you say here. But AC Milan is AC Milan. They are as low as they can be right now, and even if no investor comes around, they will have to recruit big time this summer. Silvio might have his hands tied with justice, but I'm sure he can find a way to get some money out of his off shore accounts to partialy rebuild this joke of a team.
Menez being their superstar? lulz. He wasn't good enough for PSG's bench and they let him go.

Regarding Carlo: here is his previous story with the PSG.
So Qatar buys PSG in the summer of 2011. PSG has just finished 4th with Kombouaré, an ex PSG player, after his first season as the team's head coach. The previous year, PSG was almost relegated, so finishing 4th with Kombouaré in 2011 was a great result. So Qatar buys during the summer and starts buying for big bucks, such as Pastore for 40M€.
After the first half of the season, Kombouaré, in spite of finishing first is sacked and replaced by Ancelotti. So Carlo starts as #1, but by spring he manages to lose the league and finish second behind Montpellier, a club that had never won the league.
The next year, 2012-13, PSG isn't playing well at all, and there are rumours that Qatar is starting to look for his replacement by march. After that, Ancelotti does pretty well in the champions league to finally getting eliminated in 1/4 finals against barcelona without losing a game in the entire competition (2-2 and 1-1 against barcelona that year). After that, Ancelotti wins the league that season, something that PSG hadn't managed to do since 1994. Real Madrid is after him, and Carlo is deeply pissed by Qatars lack of trust in march. In spite of being extremely popular and everybody wanting him to stay, he leaves. He repeated many times that the main reason was the lack of trust Qatar gave him; and only second the fact that it was real madrid. I do think he's like that.

Regarding Klopp: I think he would do just fine with Marseille! :D
Let's get rid of the fat argentinian! I'm really pissed when I see how much all Marseille fans are backing up Bielsa when he's all about attack and 0 defense. Klopp has very offensive teams but the defense is well balanced.
But yeah, a club like liverpool would be great for Klopp. What about manchester city though? They sure have the money to convince him.
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:32 pm

Blatter resigns.

And yesterday I read somewhere that the Centennial America Cup 2016 could be cancelled :(
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:34 pm

nietzsche wrote:Blatter resigns.

And yesterday I read somewhere that the Centennial America Cup 2016 could be cancelled :(

double what????
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:36 pm

It's a strange thing this of coaches in football.

They are like cheffs, but some also appear to bring an extra ingredient. Others seem to ruin even the best ingredients by not knowing how to mix them. It's a weird thing.
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:37 pm

double what?
General nietzsche

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:53 pm

betiko wrote:
Pirlo wrote:

I pretty much agree with everything you say here. But AC Milan is AC Milan. They are as low as they can be right now, and even if no investor comes around, they will have to recruit big time this summer. Silvio might have his hands tied with justice, but I'm sure he can find a way to get some money out of his off shore accounts to partialy rebuild this joke of a team.
Menez being their superstar? lulz. He wasn't good enough for PSG's bench and they let him go.

Regarding Carlo: here is his previous story with the PSG.
So Qatar buys PSG in the summer of 2011. PSG has just finished 4th with Kombouaré, an ex PSG player, after his first season as the team's head coach. The previous year, PSG was almost relegated, so finishing 4th with Kombouaré in 2011 was a great result. So Qatar buys during the summer and starts buying for big bucks, such as Pastore for 40M€.
After the first half of the season, Kombouaré, in spite of finishing first is sacked and replaced by Ancelotti. So Carlo starts as #1, but by spring he manages to lose the league and finish second behind Montpellier, a club that had never won the league.
The next year, 2012-13, PSG isn't playing well at all, and there are rumours that Qatar is starting to look for his replacement by march. After that, Ancelotti does pretty well in the champions league to finally getting eliminated in 1/4 finals against barcelona without losing a game in the entire competition (2-2 and 1-1 against barcelona that year). After that, Ancelotti wins the league that season, something that PSG hadn't managed to do since 1994. Real Madrid is after him, and Carlo is deeply pissed by Qatars lack of trust in march. In spite of being extremely popular and everybody wanting him to stay, he leaves. He repeated many times that the main reason was the lack of trust Qatar gave him; and only second the fact that it was real madrid. I do think he's like that.

Regarding Klopp: I think he would do just fine with Marseille! :D
Let's get rid of the fat argentinian! I'm really pissed when I see how much all Marseille fans are backing up Bielsa when he's all about attack and 0 defense. Klopp has very offensive teams but the defense is well balanced.
But yeah, a club like liverpool would be great for Klopp. What about manchester city though? They sure have the money to convince him.

I don't know if Carlo liked it in Paris or not... Real Madrid is the kind of place that makes you appear on TV and papers every second.. It's hard to turn that offer down, not many people would do.. it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I have finally found someone on this planet who agrees with me on Bielsa!
Captain Pirlo

Postby JBlombier on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:31 pm

Blatter resigns... Well, well. That is great news, I guess. I'll have to see what changes now, though. FIFA's got an extremely long way too go.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby waauw on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:35 pm

JBlombier wrote:Blatter resigns... Well, well. That is great news, I guess. I'll have to see what changes now, though. FIFA's got an extremely long way too go.

If something changes at all. They might just push forward another puppet.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:37 pm

waauw wrote:
JBlombier wrote:Blatter resigns... Well, well. That is great news, I guess. I'll have to see what changes now, though. FIFA's got an extremely long way too go.

and I'm not so optimistic; at least until I see the 2022 world cup is taken away from Qatar!
Captain Pirlo

Postby betiko on Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:54 pm

Pirlo wrote:
waauw wrote:

and I'm not so optimistic; at least until I see the 2022 world cup is taken away from Qatar!

I doubt it will happen. Also I don t know if it s true but I heard that 4000 asian workers have already died building the stadiums? Pretty sure it s bs.

Regarding Bielsa: do you think the overall international opinion is that he is a top notch rainman, one of the best coaches in terms of game play? That s how they have been selling the shit since he arrived last year in france. I don t understand why he is so popular and why everbody loves him.
It s all so irrational to me... But Marseille fans are never rational.
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:28 pm

betiko wrote:I doubt it will happen. Also I don t know if it s true but I heard that 4000 asian workers have already died building the stadiums? Pretty sure it s bs.

Regarding Bielsa: do you think the overall international opinion is that he is a top notch rainman, one of the best coaches in terms of game play? That s how they have been selling the shit since he arrived last year in france. I don t understand why he is so popular and why everbody loves him.

Well the Qatari sun is deadly and asians labour workers are known to work their ass off to send every bit of a penny back home. Not to mention, they have no social protection over there. If they get fired, they'll have no income and no way to return to their home country.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:35 pm

waauw wrote:
betiko wrote:I doubt it will happen. Also I don t know if it s true but I heard that 4000 asian workers have already died building the stadiums? Pretty sure it s bs.

Well the Qatari sun is deadly and asians labour workers are known to work their ass off to send every bit of a penny back home. Not to mention, they have no social protection over there. If they get fired, they'll have no income and no way to return to their home country.

You mostly get your passport taken by your "sponsor" when you work in Qatar, at any level of the society if you re foreigner. You are absolutely fucked if you don t do everything you re asked to do.
That doesn t answer my question though.
There has definitely been dozens of deaths by now. But 4000? No way... Imagine how much dead people that would mean by 2022... All this for stadiums that will all become redundant after the WC. Yay! Dead people for the Bread & circus!
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:45 pm

betiko wrote:
waauw wrote:

You mostly get your passport taken by your "sponsor" when you work in Qatar, at any level of the society if you re foreigner. You are absolutely fucked if you don t do everything you re asked to do.
That doesn t answer my question though.
There has definitely been dozens of deaths by now. But 4000? No way... Imagine how much dead people that would mean by 2022... All this for stadiums that will all become redundant after the WC. Yay! Dead people for the Bread & circus!

To answer your question, the Guardian made a brilliant report about this a while ago... It's believed 1200 workers have already died, and the number is expected to go up to 4000 before the tournament even starts... Some extreme reports would say the reports have already died, but it doesn't sound believable for me.

It also true that your passport would be taken and held by your employer/sponsor. In fact, there's an obvious and real casteism over there, in which citizens view themselves as gods, people from Europe and north America are in the very next class, people from Lebanon and Jordan are next, then people from other countries of middle east like Egypt, and then people from south east Asia in the very bottom. Yes it's true, I'm not kidding, I lived in that region for a while, and papers in US and Europe are not exaggerating.

As for Bielsa, when I said finally someone agrees with me, I meant it... I was desperate to find someone who shares the same opinion of mine :mrgreen:
Captain Pirlo

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:57 pm

anyone seen the espn e60 report documentary?
General nietzsche

Postby Serbia on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:06 pm

betiko wrote:
Serbia wrote:I went to see Las Palmas play at Real Zaragoza. My first league football match, and I know they are second tier, so don't hate.

Bollocks.

cool dude, you're in the canarie islands? too bad you weren't in tenerife instead of Gran Canaria, you would've seen the one and only Real Betis playig against tenerife (yeah we lost the game but who cares, we are league champions and have nothing left in stake for the last few games)

AT Zaragoza. Learn to read, Frenchie.

Today I visited Santiago Bernabéu. I'll post pictures later.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby waauw on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:32 pm

Silvio Berlusconi agrees to sell 48 per cent stake of AC Milan to Thai businessman Bee Taechaubol 'for £365m'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3112631/Silvio-Berlusconi-sell-48-cent-stake-AC-Milan-365m-Thai-businessman-Bee-Taechaubol.html

Well seems Milan will indeed receive a capital injection.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby nietzsche on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:29 am

io sono un tifosi bianco nero
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:35 am

Serbia wrote:
betiko wrote:
Serbia wrote:I went to see Las Palmas play at Real Zaragoza. My first league football match, and I know they are second tier, so don't hate.

Bollocks.

cool dude, you're in the canarie islands? too bad you weren't in tenerife instead of Gran Canaria, you would've seen the one and only Real Betis playig against tenerife (yeah we lost the game but who cares, we are league champions and have nothing left in stake for the last few games)

AT Zaragoza. Learn to read, Frenchie.

Today I visited Santiago Bernabéu. I'll post pictures later.

Bollocks.

You yanks have a tendency to give the name of the visiting team first. In our logic we always mention the home team first!
Hope Zaragoza will make it back in first division by the way. One last game, they only have 1 point of advance to stay in the play off zone.

Oh and there you go for AC milan. I heard the coach will be Mihaijlovic though, not sure. I don t think Silvio managed to convince Carlo to come back even with significant budgets.

Regarding tonight.. I ll be in sea but i think i d prefer barcelona to win. Out of the big 3 in italy i ve always prefered inter. Kind of like Roma, Sampdoria, Fiorentina and Napoli too in no particular order.
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:34 pm

nietzsche wrote:io sono un tifosi bianco nero

well, hard luck then!
Captain Pirlo

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Whichever team had won today would have had the treble. Wonder how many times that's been the case.
Also, Barcelona the first club ever to win 2 league/cup/Champions League trebles. Wow.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby Pirlo on Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:50 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:Whichever team had won today would have had the treble. Wonder how many times that's been the case.
Also, Barcelona the first club ever to win 2 league/cup/Champions League trebles. Wow.

sempai

If we are talking about the modern football with the new UEFA Champions League system, I could recall as follows:
Man United 1999
Barcelona 2009 & 2015
Inter Milan 2010
Bayern Munchen 2013

If you are interested in digging further into history of European football, this can be useful for ya http://www.90min.com/posts/214619-europ ... eltic-1967
Captain Pirlo

Postby waauw on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:17 pm

@Betiko: Why did french fans whistle at Fékir?
Lieutenant waauw

Postby JBlombier on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:56 pm

Anyone watching the Women's WC in Canada? Any thoughts on it?
Colonel JBlombier

Postby waauw on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:01 pm

nope, the most I've ever watched of a women's football game is maybe like 5 min.
Lieutenant waauw

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,